CUPE 4195 SCHOLARSHIP
1. Applicants must have a parent, grandparent or legal guardian with a minimum of two years of continuous membership, and be a member of CUPE 4195 to be eligible.
2. Applicants will be required to provide proof of registration from an accredited post-secondary institution and are to be enrolled in their first year.
Details about the scholarship:
- Scholarships are awarded on a one-time basis – recipients may receive only one CUPE Scholarship during their studies.
- Scholarships will be awarded during the applicant’s school graduation ceremony.
- A Scholarship of $15,000.00 per year shall be established and distributed as follows: each eligible applicant up to a maximum of twenty (20) shall receive $750.00 . If more than twenty (20) applications are received the $15,000.00 will be divided equally between all eligible applicants.
- Should a scholarship not be awarded in the current academic year, it will be withdrawn that year.
- The decision of the executive is final.
- Application forms may be obtained from the Recording Secretary, at a Union meeting or on your CUPE bulletin board at your work place.
- Applicant must complete all four (4) steps, if not filled out you will be automatically disqualified.
Applications must include the following attachments:
- Attach a copy of marks from the highest grade completed.
- Attach proof of post-secondary registration and what program you are enrolled in.
- Attach a word-processed essay of not more than 500 words on one of the following topics:
* What union membership means to me.
* The importance of youth involvement in today’s union
* The history of trade unions.
* The future of trade unions.
4. Include a short essay describing your leadership in school, balancing work, education, family responsibilities and involvement in the community, also your need for the scholarship.
DEADLINE: for application is April 15th, 2019. when you submit your application, please e-mail Sharon at: email@example.com so that I can confirm that I received
your application. Forward completed applications to: Scholarship Committee
CUPE Local 4l95
P.O. Box 21081 CHPO
Prince Albert, SK. S6V 8A4
For any inquiries call 922-3595 or the Recording Secretary, Sharon Gosselin @ 763-6031 – J.D. School